Thursday, September 9, 2010

Singing

A few nights ago Noah had just come out of the tub when he said he needed to use the "singer," while gesturing towards the free-standing toilet paper dispenser. I took off the toilet paper and he took the rest of the contraption to the bedroom and placed it next to the bed. He used the part that holds the toilet paper as a microphone that he would then put place back on the stand after each song.

"Now we're going to sing Twinkle, Twinkle," he said.

He cut the lights, using our dimmer, and started to very softly sing, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star."

At the end, he turned the lights on, and we cheered and clapped, "Yay!!!"

He must have done this about 5 times. Thankfully, I got a recording of it!




The idea of Twinkle in the dark must have come from the Wiggles Concert that we went to in August! Noah's first big concert! He was entranced the whole time, from beginning to end. I took videos of some of the songs, and panned back to him. When he watched the videos later, he asked, "am I sad?" I said, "No, you were just concentrating!" He loved watching some of his favorite songs performed, as well as some new ones. Unfortunately, Murray had to be away for family reasons, so a new performer, Ringo, took his place. Noah loved Ringo! Every time we look at our videos, he asks, "where's Ringo?" Anyway, they turned off all of the lights in the theatre to sing, "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and had beautiful little white lights shining around the theatre. Noah loved it.

No comments: