Noah is quite the conversationalist. He has definitely reached the age of, "why?" Why are you always putting butter on your toast? Why did you do that? Recently, I was getting him to nap, when he said, "why does Papa always use the fan?" I said, "because his feet get hot." Of course, the reply, "Why do his feet get hot?" I answered, "because lots of blood is circulating in his body and it makes his feet feel hot." To this, I got silence. I guess he had to contemplate that one for a few minutes. Then, about three minutes later, "why does Papa have blood in his body?"
In the car, on the way to the beach from Santiago, we had an interesting conversation. Noah pointed to his belly, and said, "Mama, when is my baby going to come out?" His belly was a bit extended from lack of using the potty. I had recently been reading about some child development stuff, and how some kids get scared and think they might have a baby, and how they should learn in very simple terms how babies are made even around this age, so that they know it can't just happen out of the blue to a child. So, I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity to broach this topic.
I said, "Noah, you can't have babies. Only mommies can have babies."
"But I WANT to have a baby," replied Noah.
"You do?"
"Yes! Like Simon!"
Then I continued. "When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much, they can give each other special kisses. They have a special relationship. And sometimes, they can make a baby."
Without missing a beat, Noah responded, "And then they make a SPACE SHIP!!!"
I have no idea where this came from, but we laughed for a good ten minutes. Since it was so funny, he repeated it about twenty-five more times. We then laughed another ten minutes at his attempts to make us laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! Love it! Love the whole thing- special kisses and then, BAMN! A spaceship! Oh Noah! Too much fun!
Post a Comment